Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hearts


Happy Valentines day yesterday, ha! I was so busy with the sweet events of the day I forgot to post to wish everyone else a happy heart day! I am not sure why we have to have a designated day where we celebrate love and give gifts and do special things for each other because really that should be a an every day thing, not just this one day of the year. Are we really that lame that there had to be only one specific day for celebrating the most important and precious emotion? So Brett and I started this tradition where we would switch off Valentines and our anniversary, each taking one per year and totally go all out. So this was the first, conveniently for Brett (as he has been busy), that I took my turn. So everyday this week he got a special gift for being so great, not just one day. Then yesterday we had family in town so we got to go on a morning date (thanks Brad and Lael), then I had previously arranged for a sitter (thanks Erica), so that we could have an afternoon date, and we topped off the evening with a family dinner out. Brett is so wonderful, I love you so very much babe! My kids also fill my heart each day, so they got some fun Valentines stuff too. Brax was so very cute and grateful. He keeps saying, "that was so nice of ya Mom, I just love you so much." He is a keeper!

0 comments: